Balance and Finishes

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Tournament #9

Notes: Almost didn't open this window but thought the notes might help. It's what I'm here for, after all.




Everybody's playing really loose -- means I play tight, right?

sens6527 calls (small) push from ivan with k 8 off and ivan finishes 8th

sens plays hard

I'm getting used to the "not limping in" concept. I do follow limpers when I have something. I'm going to stay out of the habit of "raising in" with no cards. That's no way to play marginal cards.


all in pre vs. the sens -- his qq's held up to my k a

Poker is such a fucked up game. Observe: I push w/qq in tournament #8 and lose to caller w/k a. In tournament #9 I push w/k a and lose to caller w/...qq.

I'm not sure that either of those plays were true blunders. Well -- one of them probably was.

Or both. Maybe the blunder is pushing. Obviously, I need to reconsider pushing so early in the game. I knew sens would call, so I was putting myself at the mercy of fate. Not a good place to be, apparently, for me.

Place: 7

(1st = $4.50; 2nd = $2.70; 3rd = $1.80)

No comments:

Post a Comment