Balance and Finishes

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tournament #6

Tournament Number:

Notes:
Sort of a whim. Still want to follow Gordon's advice: never limp as the first to voluntarily enter a hand. Play tight in the beginning.

So I limped first hand but I WAS NOT THE FIRST so I feel ok even though I lost

Gildan calling all the way didn't showdown so i don't know what he had

Peirce betting with nothing (I knew cause i had something :)

Should have bet my set q's

pedro all in (from last place) w/6 4 suited & a 4 on the board

peirce calls w/o hesitation w/ 4 ace suited & flush draw -- wins w/flush and bye bye pedro

peirce makes a good bully

gildan is shaping up to be a calling station -- beware & be

nevermind, called all in w/q a off & lost (kong calls w/kk)

peirce plays out of position & check raises

trying something a little different -- limped (not first!) w/kk

Naturally ace on the board so I bet pot and got all folds.

peirce was REALLY thinking of raising...

man oh man peirce loves to check raise

didn't help with robin's quad 8's

llamarhar all in w/flush draw, lost to a higher flush draw

ha ha i check raised peirce and he folded

I must have some crazy table image nobody will call me



Peirce pushes w/pocket 2's AFTER THE FLOP and glenn calls he's down to 470



glenn pushes w/a high pre and loses to pocket 6's from robin

jess can't read me be careful but be aggressive

genghis likes to push out of position when I raise, it seems

jess bets the flop from sb and folds to my raise from the bb

jess calls all in w/ka suited & beats my ka off flops the flush

I don't think that hurt my table image any, anyway

Just won probably my last pure bluff for this tournament -- at least until I chip up a little

i'm in last place but not that far behind



durrr robin pushes when i raise big pre flop -- 2nd time she's done that to me got to remember

and just like that robin is down to 20 chips after going up against jess who had her dominated

i push with jj from 4th place naturally jess's 10 a holds up on the river

I think pushing was the play there.

3rd & 2nd both fell on the river, too, I observe...not to say that justifies my play, I don't think it really needs justification.


Place: 4th
(1st = $4.50; 2nd = $2.70; 3rd = $1.80)

No comments:

Post a Comment