Balance and Finishes

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Tournament #12

Notes: Do not tilt. Chained off of #11. I think the takeaway is: the best smartest player in poker can and will lose on any hand, any bet. IT IS GAMBLING.

(Duh.)

Not that I'm the best smartest player but those were the optimal plays I lost on. Or at least not "blunders"

Oh my pechuma calls all in w/pocket 5's after flop -- no trips, over cards on the board...kayten takes her stack

cashew3 calls through 4th w/ace high, w/2 q's on the board

skycanvas calls all in after hitting his 10, falls to kayten who pushed w/ flush draw

watch for flush draws -- these people will not fold them, it seems.

playing so as to induce the other player to fold is death in these games. it presumes rational behavior on their part.

called kayten's bullying push on 4th after she hit A on flop -- I hit A Q on 4th. She had A 5 no flush draw. I did not see the flush draw on the board but i was pot committed even if i had

Possible strategy: stay super tight until 5th or 4th place is open. Then there might be more rational players remaining.

In the money after cashew goes all in after hitting a 9

Think I got pot committed too soon -- kayten slow plays trip 3's and takes most of my stack

kayten is a calling station

kayten finally shows me some respect -- folds after i reraise

10 bb's in 3rd place -- if I can watch these two kill each other I could live to 2nd

Was ready to go all in blind but pushed from bb after hitting my 9. kayten had held off after hitting flush.

kayten is an upside down player.






Place: 3rd

(1st = $4.50; 2nd = $2.70; 3rd = $1.80)

No comments:

Post a Comment