Balance and Finishes

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Tournament #11

Notes:
Wow, I'm having a reality check. I must not have been doing as well as I thought before.

Or maybe I'm misusing some advice I got (Phil Gordon, I'm looking at you.)

Anyway, I'm waiting for Tasha to get her hair done and listening to B98.5. I'm sitting in Cafe Aroma and itching to get a win under my belt.

Luxedo all in after hitting ace. Sheva takes it with slow played flush (I folded flopped str8 after sheva raised me)

First 3 hands I phantom flopped str8, str8, and set of 3's -- 2 of them would have won

Allisson with slow play of pocket rockets wipes out kathybarrett

I need to stop mucking around pre flop is the thing

flop 2pr, rivered again, this time by pokerjoker who calls all in w/pocket k's tripped on the river

I hate to think like this, but I wonder if this is partly the donk effect of $1 tournaments. Pokerjoker should not have been there for that river. I'm not gonna play the hellmuth game and lecture him or get all bent out of shape but I need to recognize that this shit will happen playing at this level. I read an article about good players adjusting their play due to the presence of lucky maniacs, but I'm not good enough to know what to adjust.

Unbelievable. All in from 150 chip stack w/k 10. Flop k's; 10 on 4th. 4th club on the river and I'm out in 7th.

I know I'm playing right.

That was sort of inevitable -- with a 150 chip stack all in, nobody really had any strong reason to fold.

Place: 7th

(1st = $4.50; 2nd = $2.70; 3rd = $1.80)

No comments:

Post a Comment