Balance and Finishes

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Tournament #3

Tournament Number: 160776836

Notes:
Feeling kind of icky but anxious to play.

Phil Gordon: Never enter a pot VOLUNTARILY without raising.

How does that sit with playing tight in the early stages? It means: only play hands you're willing to raise on entry. AND they'd better be super tight because most others will be playing the low stakes / high return game.

1st hand jq off, raised 1 bb -- Gordon also says, only raise the same amount for middling hands as for big hands. I think that makes sense. I might adjust my next raise to 1.5 bb but keep it at that.

Failed to make continuation bet, afrojoemama made an ok bet from the button

afrojoe played big with nothing, down to last place but still alive

I reraise afrojoe w/99, he pushes -- I fold I think that was the play

Next hand he pushes with nothing but outs, and gets called -- with 99! 99 takes the pot and he's gone. I still think I made the right play even though I had him made for a maniac

I LOVE PHIL GORDON

stadebrian calls my flush all in -- he had hit his king. that hand might have been multiway if i hadn't raised.

(This reminds me -- I also like to call all in with high pair. DON'T DO THAT)




I have to type in my bets in order to raise 1.5 bb -- I like it...

I was thinking today -- I had been enjoying my "step" model where I played one tournament at a time at whatever level I'd reached (not the FTP step tournaments which I also enjoy). Maybe I could do 100-tournament steps? So depending on how I do on this 100, make the next 100 $2 tournaments...

Wow -- I just folded k 10 off -- had no position...glad I did too cause yelsew pushed and won with KA suited. See, I would have limped and folded before Phil (BP)

Trupulet all in with Ace high and loses to competetodefeat who calls with -- ace high

Lisandro is playing the calling station angle on compete -- pushed but he didn't go for it

I'm getting folded to almost every time i raise pre flop -- haven't had a single showdown I don't think except for the all in

Blackguards 1bb raise in lb I call in bb -- we tie. He had kq off I had kx -- pure luck but I like the way I played it.

I'm not paying as much attention to the other players as I have in the previous two tournaments.

Maybe because I'm playing so many fewer hands? Maybe because I have a sense they're all goofballs?

I reraise lisa preflop -- she pushes and I fold QQ

yelsew plays the river masterfully -- I didn't bet enough to knock her off her 4 4 w/kicker

And the finale was sick -- yelsew32 raises preflop with 4 5 off suit, I push from last place w/q 10 suited, yelsew flops a full house! SICK!

Truth be told, I didn't have enough to knock her off of anything...no...she made an idiot play and won anyway. That's the definition of sick. I don't think a good player would have called my all in with 4 5 off suit.

Place: 5th
(1st = $4.50; 2nd = $2.70; 3rd = $1.80)

No comments:

Post a Comment