Balance and Finishes

Sunday, June 27, 2010

FUCKING FINALLY

Well after 77 tournaments I'm finally back above zero. I think that should put paid to any idea that I have that I'm getting good. However, this discipline of playing only this kind of tournament has paid off. I see situations that would have drawn me in (or chased me off) before that are much less likely to. I've been on both ends of TERRIBLE beats, and also watched as justice has prevailed.

I plan to decide after the 100th tournament whether to move on to $2 tournaments or a different game.

I especially am proud that I was able to stop coming in 7th place, for the most part. When I noticed that share of the pie getting bigger than the rest, I started changing my play around that point. Usually that translated into playing slower, especially if my stack got poached early on.

In tournament 77 I was short stack most of the time, but just slowed down and only played the hands I really wanted to. It helped, I think, that I had developed a rep early in the game for playing hard when I had cards. So when I showed "CARDS!" while short stacked, people ran away! I built up a lot of stack that way.

It helps that I was able to pull out a couple rivers, but overall I think I wouldn't have even been in a position to improve on the river at a certain point if I hadn't played well prior to that point.

Place:

(1st = $4.50; 2nd = $2.70; 3rd = $1.80)

No comments:

Post a Comment