Balance and Finishes

Thursday, June 10, 2010

48 Tournaments In

Notes:

I stopped keeping track of players because I started to realize, the notes I was keeping weren't doing me any good anyway. That is -- the notes on the players.

I'm the only player I need to watch out for!

I've noticed a couple things:

7th and 6th places are great places for me to tilt. So I have to watch that.

I know a few of those 6th and especially 7th finishes are at extremely tight tables, where there are 7 players remaining after the blinds have advanced pretty far. I think I need to be more table aware and play more aggressively on those tables BEFORE the blinds tighten me up. Of course, I recall doing just that in a few of these tournaments only to get called / outdrawn...so I tighten up and boom I'm in 7th with short stack and <5 BB's. So it's all relative.

If I get two or three good pockets in a row, I need to mix up my pre-flop play. I've noticed a tendency, if I play aggressive pre-flop with a hand and then lose, then get another good pocket -- I do the same thing and I lose the same way. Because it all depends on if I hit my flop or have outs on the flop, and if I don't, I've soiled my table rep and whittled down my stack.

I guarded against that tendency in this last tournament, even folded something I would have liked to play. First place, baby!

I need to realize that besides my table rep and my stack, my POSITION is also changing. Three hands in a row my position can go from strong to very weak -- or vice versa, of course.

So: lose two hands in a row playing aggressively, STOP PLAYING AGGRESSIVELY FOR AWHILE or you'll go on tilt!


Place:

(1st = $4.50; 2nd = $2.70; 3rd = $1.80)

No comments:

Post a Comment