Balance and Finishes

Friday, May 14, 2010

Tournament #1

Tournament Number: 160439970

Notes:

Feeling ok, a little headache-y. Listening to The National, "Boxer."

KAHN1864 all in first hand after rags on flop (nobody followed)

Playing tight first part of tournament--totally goes against my instincts (play hands while they're cheap!) but I read that advice today so I'm trying it.

Psychodad on an ok slow play of ace hit

Folded hockey sticks after 6 9 10 flop. Wound up with straight on the board -- nobody had the jack but I would have overplayed that almost for certain

In over my head with open-ended str8 draw, but stopped playing. I don't think I was going to knock psychodad off of his k a and thank heavens i didn't get one of the bad str8s (my str8 might have hit his cards too)

Psychodad1986 seems not to be one to fold

810 at 50 bb -- i don't know what to do. Table image is shit bc I've played and then petered out on too many hands. I have got myself into a position where I have to wait for a big hand.

I am so playing like a pussy. Took a shot at ANOTHER pot, got called all the way around -- got beat by queen high after I stopped playing.

Psychodad all in with junk pre flop and knocked out -- made a move from low position -- stupid move

Barefoot suddenly takes the lead -- off my left hand. Commanding lead, of the only play monsters variety for me. He just called another player's 240 chip all in with 6 2 off

These people are playing crazy -- I'm <10 bb but I think these folks are going before me

7th pl., <5 BB

MKLM99 all in on a flush draw, called by Barefoot with his queen he hit

Kahn calls my all in preflop with king high -- my ace hit and I doubled up

Barefoot called my all in when I hit j 9 2 pr from BB -- he had a jack but no 2pr and I double up again.

Kahn all in pre with AJ -- Barefoot called OF COURSE with not much and Kahn doubles up


Still playing a lot tighter than these guys -- and stealing every now and then to boot.

Barefoot = ATM

Got into a bit of a rough patch -- overplayed AQ off -- BF hit with his KJ off -- I'm down to 4th place but these guys are still playing wild...

BF all in with K3 suited and no outs. Total all-in bluff and -- I'm in the money

All in from 3rd place with 9 10 suited when I realized I was forgetting to play fast. My caller had the ace. He hit but he didn't need it. I wound up with a flush draw but ...

Place: 3rd.

(1st = $4.50; 2nd = $2.70; 3rd = $1.80)

UPDATE: Barefootskiierxx is a calling station not an atm. Got my terms mixed up

No comments:

Post a Comment